Friday, June 4

My late found love for english movies

Today is the release of Harry Potter - Prisoner of Azkaban and I am going to see it. I don’t know how it all started but now I like to watch English movies more than Indian movies. As a matter of fact I have got addicted to GOOD English movies. Before coming to the US, all my life I should have seen a little less than 50 movies. Believe it or not I did not see even movies like Jurassic Park and Lord of the Rings. Even when I flew into the US they played two movies (Catch me if you can and Harry Potter the chamber of secrets) and I preferred to sleep rather than watching them.

Today after one year in the US, I have seen more than 250 movies and my appetite for good English movies is still growing big. The single most reason for me to start enjoying English movies is the closed caption option in the TV (my brother (venkatachalam) was the one who introduced me to the concept of closed captions, Captions help you to follow the dialogues more closely). Initially I was so dependent on the captions feature, but after 250 movies, now I can live without it and still understand the movie fully. One more important reason for me to like English movies is the way they take it. Every movie is handled like a business project and has a sound script.


I could go on...but I guess its getting late for the show......Potter will not wait for me ...definitely not on the first day of the release.

No comments: